Monday, January 4, 2010

Day III


So sorry it took me so long to post. I was away in New Mexico and hadn't brought my computer with me. I had a great time and drank almost every night (almost) but my last night had to be the best of the time I was there. My friend Jane had sent me a pack of moustaches along with other various things for my birthday/Xmas present this year so I had decided to bring it with me to New Mexico! It was hilarious, we got dressed in our respective roles and basically fooled around for the entire night! It was a blast. But the reason I didn't bring my computer with me is because my best friend doesn't have internet at her place and so I just thought it would be easier on myself if I just didn't bring it with me all together. So here I am almost a week after I posted my last blog back for more. I have such a day ahead of me today that I'm to sure if I'm going to be able to succeed in getting through it all! I have to change my license over from new jersey to texas. I have to ship and mail out stuff for my mom, also I have to send things to the dry cleaner and I have to go deal with my school issues! I really hope that everything gets resolved because classes start next week! So hopefully I am able to get things done! But anywho here is the next section of the book. This is all I have for chapter 1 as of right now so I will be skipping around in the next couple of posts, don't worry there is definitely more to chapter 1 than just these few paragraphs! So here you go chapter 1 continued:

            On a normal day I wouldn’t have thought anything of what my parents were putting us through again. In my life moving was as normal as sitting down at the breakfast table and having something to eat. To put it in the best terms possible my parents liked to move and they liked to move us a lot, in the past 17 years of my life I have lived in 6 different states and over 15 different houses. But this time I thought it was permanent more permanent than any of the other moves at least, we had finally found a place where we could seem relatively normal maybe even happy.
            Sometimes I wish that my parents’ would just give up on trying to make our family seem like we’re normal, maybe then I wouldn’t have such a problem with all the moving around we did. I hoped that the last one would be permanent but of course it wasn’t, it seemed so permanent we had been here for almost 4 years and I was finally getting used to the idea of settling down in one place, I loved the sun and how it was warm all year round.
Everyone in my family was prospering, my mom’s business was booming, I was the captain of my softball team not to mention I had the best boyfriend in the world, Jezebel was a shining star in the theatre world and was on her way to enrolling into one of the most prestigious theatre schools in South Carolina, and as for my dad and brother, well they both were doing their own thing. Dad always took care of us giving up his own personal career to help raise us instead, but he always seemed to be okay with that. As for Harry, well he is another story completely, the most popular guy in school, plus the captain of the basketball and baseball team he had everything going for him. So when we found out we were moving to some Podunk town in the middle of nowhere in Oregon I couldn’t believe that my parents were doing this to us again.  Even worse I couldn’t believe that Harrison was all right with it, he was supporting my parent’s choice and that confused me greatly. Out of all us he would probably be losing the most, having to start all over again making his claim in the sports arena along with the kids in school.
 I didn’t want this to happen so let’s just say when Bell and I were begging my parents not to do this again you can put it as we weren’t the most gracious people about it. Bell threatened to kill herself or even runaway whereas I just plain begged them not to do this. I wasn’t as dramatic as Bell but I felt the same way as her. If we moved it would be the end, I would die inside and I didn’t want that, I could tell that this move would be the last straw to my sanity level I wasn’t going to be able to take this anymore.
Well beyond their better judgment my parents moved us to Westfir, Oregon some little town where my life would no longer be what I knew it should be. It wasn’t the fact that we were moving again that bothered me; it was the fact that I would have to start all over again. Having to find that new house, move in, unpack, get situated in a new school and worst of all the tedious task of attempting to become part of this new group of people, having to make new friends. Sure I was an outgoing person, but just like anyone else I was scared, I was shy and I hated having to put myself in this situation where I was forced to meet new people. I liked having a comfort zone, somewhere that I was able to fit in. But I was never one to just fit in, first days were always the worst for me and I had a problem with speaking in public. I loved to play sports and be recognized for my ability in the athletic department, not because I was the new girl and I had made the whole town wonder who I was and why my family had moved here.
The move to Oregon was more difficult than my parents’ had realized getting a mover to pick all our stuff up and drive it to the opposite side of the country was hard enough but we hadn’t found a house yet and while Harrison, Jezebel and I were tasked with the job of packing everything up and helping the movers with the boxes, my parents were out in Oregon finding a house for us. So as we stood inside our old house packing up everything that we treasured I grew angry with my parents’. I wasn’t just angry at them I was angry at everything the whole situation, Harrison telling us that it was going to be great, that it would be “the last time” we would move before school ended. Oh yeah I forgot to mention I’m 17 years old, a senior in high school and my parents decided that this was the best time to move us. School had already been in session for a month and one day out of the blue my mom and dad come into the kitchen and say oh hey kids we’re moving. WHAT?! How is that anywhere near being okay? I wanted to run away, take everything that they held in high regard and throw it against the wall why should I respect two people who continually ruined my life. Everything they ever put us through was unfair to the highest degree maybe I should put them through the same pain as they were putting Jez and I through. As if I was reacting to what I was thinking I dropped what I was doing on the ground and started towards the door, I needed to escape this place, at least go somewhere that I could clear my mind.
“Where do you think you are going Carlie? Mom and dad told us to finish packing up!” Harrison almost seemed furious, apparently I had dropped one of his big hitter trophies and from the looks of it I had snapped off the guy sitting on top of it. I didn’t care. As far as I was concerned Harrison was just as bad as mom and dad; when it came time to get the support of my twin brother he left me high and dry siding with mom and dad. I hated him for that; I didn’t want to have him as a brother anymore after that. Okay so maybe I’m being a little melodramatic, but this was a punishment from him for not taking his warning about Andrew. Well I wasn’t going to stand here and take it; he wasn’t my father no matter how hard he tried to take that role in our family. It made me feel a little bad for dad when he acted the way he did sometimes. I continued to walk to the front door and grabbed my coat from the closest next to the door. Out of nowhere Harry was standing right in front of me blocking the front door.
“I don’t think you understand me Carlie. You’re not going anywhere right now. Especially not to HIS house! I won’t allow it, mom and dad put me in charge to get this done and we will get this finished!” I shoved him out of the way and wanted to punch him in the face so badly! What the hell made him think that he had any right to control what I did or whom I went to see? He sidestepped me again as if to think that I wouldn’t be able to get past him somehow.
“Okay let me say this right now, who the hell do you think you are? I mean seriously…. You’re my brother, not my father what in god’s name makes you think that you would have any right to tell me what I can and cannot do. If I want to go say goodbye to my best friend or my boyfriend I will and there is nothing you can do about it!” I shoved him out of the way and ran for my car trying to beat him to the driver’s door before he could get his hands on me. This was going to be difficult because he was much quicker than I was no matter how much smaller I was than him. I was never able to outrun him! I guess I must have stunned him because I was in the car and started the ignition and Harry still hadn’t come after me! This was my chance to escape and I was going to take it before he had another chance to stop me! I whipped out of the driveway and headed to Suzanna’s house I knew that I would be able to think there, be able to vent to someone who would care and take my side. Plus I would be able to spend some much needed time with Andrew before we left in 3 days. With Harrison always hovering over every little thing I was doing I was never really able to have any real alone time to talk with Andrew since my parents had headed to Oregon, I was going to take advantage of this time with him.
But before I knew it, I wasn’t even headed in the direction of Andrew’s house. I found myself just aimlessly driving around town as if I had no clue where I wanted to go. Maybe I didn’t want to go see Andrew. With him almost anything to do with the topic of me leaving turned into a fight. He was just as upset as I was, it wasn’t really fair to him but in everyway he really didn’t have a say in what my parents decided to do. I can remember the conversation my parents had with us when they broke the news.
“Kids I have some great news! I got a job offer out in Oregon to start up a new embryology clinic and have control of everything!” My mom was so excited that she couldn’t stand it; she had been waiting for this chance for a very long time. Traveling around the country helping other labs raise their ratings instead of doing what she had been dreaming of was killing her. But as wonderful as it was to hear the news that she was finally going to do what she wanted to for a change, all I could hear were the words “in Oregon”, this had to be a joke right? “Wait a second, you mean Oregon as in on the complete opposite side of the country? What about school, Bell’s scholarship to acting school, what about mine and Harry’s teams? Do those things mean nothing to you?” “Carlie that is a very cruel thing to be saying to your mother right now, this is an amazing opportunity for her, besides you can do all of those things out in Oregon just as much as you could do them here.” This was crazy! They had promised when we moved here that this was the last time before college, they had sworn on my grandmother’s grave and now they were breaking yet ANOTHER promise! “Are you insane? The school year just started, Harrison and I are SENIORS! You really want us to move our senior year. We don’t know anyone out there, this is ridiculous!”

No comments:

Post a Comment