Monday, July 26, 2010

Long Time but finally more of chapter 2

I sat there and started to cry, wondering why this was happening to me. I didn’t want any of this, Edward, this new school, these new friends I just wished that we had never moved here. Maybe I was having these feelings because I felt like I didn’t deserve a fresh start, like the stake I had made in South Carolina was my last chance at happiness and that was all I was allowed to have. As I fell to the floor, Felicia sat down next to me giving me an awkward one-sided hug trying to reassure me. I could tell our friendship was definitely going to last, I felt so horrible for the way I had been reacting to everything all day. It seemed like I had been sitting there forever and thankfully Felicia was letting me cry, she sat there silently rubbing my back trying to pull out the lettuce that was still stuck in the back of my hair. As Felicia and I sat there, she started to try and reassure me but that was the last thing I wanted at this moment.
“Well I don’t know if you want to know this but you and your brother have definitely lit a fire under this school! It was amazing what just happened back there.” I didn’t know what to say to her, because to be honest I didn’t know if what she was telling me was a compliment or an insult. I just wanted to go home so bad right now; I wanted Harrison to sit there with me giving me one of his big bear hugs. After what seemed like an hour I finally looked at Felicia, I think I was ready to face the school again, she handed me a bunch of toilet paper and I blew my nose and wiped my eyes. I asked Felicia if she would take me to the nurse’s office, I definitely didn’t think I was going to be able to take anymore drama today.
As I got up I realized that I still was covered in tomato soup and Italian dressing from my lunch fiasco earlier. I went over to the sink and wiped my face up and tried to get the rest of the pieces of lettuce out of my hair along with the dressing that had seemed to take up residence there as well. As I took my shirt off and threw it in the trash, Felicia handed me my brother’s oversized shirt and I slipped it over my head. Felicia tossed me an extra hair tie to put my hair up into a ponytail; I wasn’t going to be able to clean my hair without the proper instruments. So I gave myself one last look over turned to Felicia and we headed for the door. As Felicia and I headed for the door we heard Harrison outside talking extremely loudly to someone. It sounded like he had been guarding the entrance to the girl’s bathroom so that no one could get in.
“No you can’t see her, I guess you didn’t get the message this afternoon when she made it VERY clear she didn’t want anything to do with you.”
“Look Harrison I just want to talk to her I won’t don’t anything that will make her uncomfortable you can even stand and chaperone us if you want to. I just need to explain to her why I did what I did in the lunchroom.” So Edward had come back to try and see me, he wanted to talk to me about something and I definitely didn’t want to see him, especially the way I was looking right now. I was too embarrassed to see anyone right now; it was hard for me to even have Felicia standing next to.
“Please Harrison I need to see her. This is extremely important after this I promise never to bother her again, unless of course she wants me to talk to her again after I explain. It is of the utmost importance that I speak to her.”
“If it’s about your stupid letter that you had me give her then I’m not going to budge she hasn’t even read the thing yet. She was too afraid to open up something from you in front of all these people. She is already getting enough people staring at her and now thanks to you she is going to be the talk of the town on her first day of school. So excuse me if I’m not feeling to apathetic to your situation, which you brought upon yourself, right now. Leave my sister alone, this is the last time I will tell you this. If she wants to talk to you that is fine but let her come to you not the other way around!”
“Very well Harrison I will do as you ask, but please tell her that I meant no harm in what I did today. Please let her know that I know what it is to lose everything and attempt to have a fresh start without having any say in it. Goodbye Harrison.” I could hear footsteps going in the opposite direction of the door and I knew that Edward had given up his battle to see me today. Harrison tapped on the door to tell us that it was okay to come out, as I opened the door Harrison seemed overly stressed out for some reason. He has always been the overprotective brother who thought that I could never take care of myself, but this time it was different maybe there was something he wasn’t telling me in his “quest” to keep me safe from Edward.
As I stepped out of the bathroom, I lost control of my body and started to fall to the floor, but luckily Harrison and Felicia were there and caught me. “Thank you guys, I guess I shouldn’t subject myself to so much crap on the first day of school in a new town.” I let out a little giggle to try and lighten up the mood. Harrison took my hand and started to walk me to the nurse’s office, Felicia was on my other side making sure that I didn’t fall again. As we walked to the nurse it finally hit me that there was no one in the hallways, no one to stand there gawking at me wondering why I needed Felicia and my brother to support me. I looked at my brother and started to ask him a question, but he cut me off before the words came out of my mouth. “The school day is over, you wouldn’t believe it but you were in there for over 3 hours. I was really starting to get worried about you, I didn’t know whether or not to call mom and dad and tell them what happened or not.”
“Oh Harrison please tell me you didn’t call them!! That is the last thing I need right now, I honestly feel like I might just pass out from everything that has happened!”
“Wow chill Carlie I didn’t call them, I understood that calling them was going to stress you out even more so I backed away from that idea. Plus I know you to well to call dad, besides dad is going to realize something happened when he notices that you’re kind of a disaster and that you aren’t wearing the same shirt that you had on this morning.” He started to laugh a little bit but cut short when he realized I was glaring at him.

2 comments:

  1. awesome - quick typo though - So excuse me if I’m not feeling to apathetic to your situation - i'm pretty sure you meant sympathetic - apathetic means the complete opposite - lol. It's coming along great. :)

    ReplyDelete