Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wood cut update and more book



here is an update on the woodcut im finishing the last stages of cutting and will begin inking the piece to create prints

here is some more of chapter 2

Harrison and I didn’t have the same first class he had geometry while I had English, I could tell that he was just as uncomfortable with the idea of not being with me as I was being without him, we were to inseparable entities and I wanted to keep it that way for at least today. But it was very obvious that was not going to happen for us. We had another class after this where we were separated so we headed our separate ways trying to make do with the torture we were about to be faced with.
As I stepped into room 236, I walked up to the desk where Mr. Winters was sitting reading Macbeth finishing up what looked to be his notes for the lecture he was about to give. As I grabbed his attention away from his notepad I told him that I was a new student but got cut off. He didn’t seem too interested as he signed my form and sent me straight to the back of the class near the windows. I was grateful that he didn’t make me introduce myself to the class as I rushed to the only seat left in the back of the class.
As the time waned on I didn’t even realize the amount of people staring at me…. Did I have something on my face and no one was courageous enough to tell me about it? As I quickly glanced into the window next to me I sighed as I realized there was nothing on my face. That was lucky, but then why was everyone still looking at me? It wasn’t like I was something extraordinary or anything. I tried to ignore the people around me for the last 20 minutes of the class and it seemed to work…. Before I knew it the bell was ringing. I got up and started to get my backpack when a girl walked up to me and introduced herself. I guess she was the only one in the class courageous enough to talk to the new girl (as if I was some kind of Martian or something from outer space). Her name was Felicia, I was so grateful for her to come up to me and actually give me a real HUMAN response rather than just standing around gawking at me.
“Hey so you must be the new girl. Charlene, right?”
I giggled a little at the name she just used as I realized that no one here understood that I hated my name. “Well yeah I guess you can call me new her especially from the expressions everyone keeps giving me. Oh yeah and you can call me Carlie.”
“Well don’t mind them I honestly think you and your brothers arrival is the coolest thing that has happened to this school in like 20 years or something. Don’t worry it gets easier after a week… oh by the way my name is Felicia!”
I thought about all the people who had been staring at me in class and it had never hit me that they were just plain curious, I started to giggle a little at the revelation when I noticed Felicia staring at me wondering what was so funny. But before I could answer her questioning gaze she went off into a spree of questions about me. It was sort of funny, it was like the first time I had met Suzanna when we both tried out for the softball team. She was quirky and lit hearted all at the same time. Felicia reminded me of her a lot and that made it easier for me to finish the rest of this day knowing that there was someone here that understood me! As we walked into our next class and sat down I realized I didn’t even know if I was in the right class! Felicia caught my anxiety at this revelation and before I even said anything she cut me off…
“Don’t worry Carlie you and I have like three of the same classes together we are in math right now with Mr. Bergman. You might want to go get you sheet signed before class starts.”
I sighed with relief as she calmed the moment for me. “Thanks Felicia. I think I will go get his signature, I’ll be right back.” As I walked up to Mr. Bergman’s desk I noticed that everyone turned to Felicia and started asking her questions about me. They definitely weren’t being subtly in asking their questions some of them were talking so loud that I thought I was standing right next to them.
I went to Mr. Bergman’s desk and had him sign my slip as quick as I could trying to escape an introduction and embarrassment. But this time I was not as fortunate, as soon as the bell rang Mr. Bergman stopped me from returning to my desk in the back with Felicia and made me stand mortified in the front of the room. As I stumbled my way through some semblance of an introduction the class laughed and I returned to my seat as soon as I was able. Felicia looked at me and I immediately knew what was about to be said.
“Yeah….sorry I forgot to mention that about Mr. Bergman. He is not a nice man and he does whatever he can to make our lives more miserable than they already are. I guess because he is a math teacher he has no life or something so he has to be ‘evil’ and in so many words live vicariously through his students.”

No comments:

Post a Comment